Respiratory Services at The Scarborough Hospital (TSH) operates 24 hours a day and provides care to all clinical areas.
The team of registered respiratory therapists work together to promote respiratory health and provides ventilation and resuscitation support for all patients from babies to adults.
Respiratory therapists are on-call and paged by the health care team to provide services, which include:
- Ventilation support
- Resuscitation support
- Aid in breathing difficulties
- Aid in oxygen related issues
Patients may be referred to the clinic to:
- Assess lung function before surgery
- Diagnose lung disease or find the cause of shortness of breath
- Measure progress in treatment
- Assess effects of medication
- Measure exposure to chemicals a patient is in contact with that could be affecting lung function