Head and neck surgery (Otolaryngology) is a surgical specialty more commonly known as Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT).
At The Scarborough Hospital (TSH) our medical team of specialized health care professionals treats adults and children, both medically and surgically, for disorders of the ears, nose, throat and related structures. This includes the larynx, oral cavity, nose and sinuses, the outer, middle and inner ear, throat.
Related structures include the thyroid gland, parathyroid and cancerous, infectious and congenital masses of the head and neck.
We work closely with other subspecialty services including head and neck cancer surgery, facial cosmetic surgery, rhinology and sinus surgery, otology, laryngology, and paediatrics to provide overall ENT care to our patients.
In addition to services provided at our 24/7 emergency departments, we offer office-based care in the following areas:
- Disorders of hearing and balance
- Disease of the nose and sinuses
- Voice and swallowing disorders
- Cancer of the head and neck
- Facial cosmetic and reconstruction surgery
- Thyroid cancer
- Paediatric conditions such as inner ear infection (otitis media), tonsil and adenoid infection, airway problems
- Surgical management of sleep apnea and/ or snoring
Any patient with an ENT (otolaryngologic) concern may be referred to an ENT physician by their family doctor, emergency department, any surgical or medical specialist or through a walk-in clinic. If an urgent referral is required, the family doctor can contact us either through our offices listed below or the emergency department.