Come with questions. Leave with knowledge. That’s the promise of The Scarborough Hospital’s Global Community Resource Centre, the only place of its kind among hospitals in the Greater Toronto Area.
Located on the Ground Floor of the General campus, the Global Community Resource Centre offers patients, visitors, staff and the community access to free, multilingual health and community information.
Fourteen community agencies in Scarborough are partners with the Global Community Resource Centre. These community agencies help to deliver workshops on a wide range of topics twice a month, and staff a “Community Desk”, which provides information and referrals, on a rotating basis.
Workshops are held every second and fourth Wednesday of the month from noon to 1 p.m. They are free and no advanced registration is required.
Upcoming Global Community Resource Centre Workshops
Wednesday, February 25, 2015
- Topic: Finding Reliable Information on Heart Disease
- Presenters: Solaiman Talut and Judy Ng, The Scarborough Hospital Health Information Resource Centre
Wednesday, March 11, 2015
- Topic: An Overview of Goodwill’s Employment Programs
- Presenter: Jacqueline Smith, Employment Placement Specialist, Goodwill Employment Services
Wednesday, March 25, 2015
- Topic: Staying Mentally Sharp
- Presenters: Debbie Daly, Nurse Practitioner, and Laura Sullivan, Occupational Therapist, The Scarborough Hospital Geriatric Assessment and Intervention Network (GAIN) Clinic