The Community and Patient Advisory Council (CPAC) for The Scarborough Hospital (TSH) will host a community education session discussing mental health resources in Scarborough on Wednesday, November 25, 2015 from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Scarborough Civic Centre.
“Based on the collective feedback we received from the community, the Council recognizes that there is not only a stigma around mental health but that accessing mental health resources is not always easy,” said Ron Lowe, Vice Chair, CPAC. “We wanted to use this opportunity to address these issues, and showcase the extraordinary mental health care available in our community.”
On November 25, all community members are invited to learn more about how to break the stigma surrounding mental health, hear from specialists in the field, and discover some of the available resources servicing youth, immigrants, and caregivers.
- Dr. David Gratzer, Psychiatrist, The Scarborough Hospital
- Faiza Khalid-Khan, Patient Care Director, Mental Health, The Scarborough Hospital
- Bonnie Wong, Executive Director, Hong Fook Mental Health Association
- Samantha Chambers, Manager, Integrated Care, St. Paul’s L’Amoreaux Centre
- Sheeba Narikuzhy, Clinical Manager, East Metro Youth Services
- Alanna Burke, Individual and Family Therapist, East Metro Youth Services
All community members are welcome to attend but are encouraged to register their attendance at mental-health-session.eventbrite.ca.
Details of the Mental Health Community Education Session
Date: Wednesday, November 25, 2015
Time: 7 p.m. – 9 p.m.
Location: Scarborough Civic Centre, Committee Rooms 1 and 2
150 Borough Drive, Scarborough, ON
Parking will be free (80-100 spots), in the upper parking pad to the east of the Scarborough Civic Centre (entrance from the Scarborough Town Centre Court). Should the gate be closed upon arrival at the parking lot, please buzz security and advise that you are attending the Mental Health Meeting.