More affordable multi-use parking passes are on the horizon for patients and visitors of The Scarborough Hospital (TSH) with the introduction of the new H-Pass on October 1, 2016.
The changes are being implemented in response to a Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care announcement earlier this year that directed Ontario hospitals that charge more than $10 a day for parking to provide financial relief regarding the cost of parking to patients and visitors. TSH will offer 5-, 10-, and 30-day parking passes that are:
- Discounted by 50 per cent off their daily rate;
- Transferable between patients and caregivers;
- Equipped with in-and-out privileges throughout a 24-hour period; and
- Good for one year from the date of purchase.
The H-Pass is available in the following categories:
- 5-Day H-Pass ($40) allows access for five non-consecutive days.
- 10-Day H-Pass ($80) allows access for 10 non-consecutive days.
- 30-Day H-Pass ($240) allows access for 30 non-consecutive days.
Patients and visitors who require long-term H-Pass parking can purchase these passes through the parking office at each campus, from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. The daily parking rates remain unchanged.
For more information, including H-Pass guidelines, parking office and pay station locations, and accepted payments methods, please visit www.tsh.to/parking. To provide feedback on parking fees and policies, please visit www.tsh.to/feedback.
All proceeds from parking support The Scarborough Hospital Foundation and are reinvested into the hospital to enhance the quality of care for our patients.