In 2015, The Scarborough Hospital (TSH) officially became recognized as a Best Practice Spotlight Organization (BPSO) candidate by the Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario (RNAO) – a concrete reflection of the hospital’s vision to be recognized as Canada’s leader in providing the best health care for a global community.
TSH is poised to be officially designated as a BPSO in 2018, upon successful completion of this three-year candidacy. BPSOs are health care and academic organizations selected by RNAO to implement and evaluate its internationally acclaimed best practice guidelines (BPGs).
Throughout its BPSO candidacy, TSH will implement eight evidence-based BPGs that will positively impact the health and well-being of its patients, including:
- Clinical/Healthy Workplace
- Developing and Sustaining Interprofessional Health Care
- Caregiving Strategies for Older Adults with Delirium, Dementia and Depression
- Preventing and Managing Violence in the Workplace
- Strategies to Support Self-Management in Chronic Conditions
- Assessment and Care of Adults at Risk for Suicidal Ideation and Behaviour
Evidence from these BPGs will be incorporated into standards of practice, policies and protocols across the various professions at TSH.
For more information on BPSOs, please visit http://rnao.ca/bpg/bpso.
BPSO at TSH News
- November 9, 2016: My Name Is Barbara Marco, And This Is My Patient Experience
- September 13, 2016: I Ask Because I Care: Patient Safety
- June 3, 2016: Meet Your BPSO Champions – Breastfeeding
- April 28, 2016: Meet Your BPSO Leads – Caregiving Strategies for Older Adults with Delirium, Dementia and Depression
- April 21, 2016: In the Spotlight: TSH hosts BPSO team from China
- February 10, 2016: Meet your BPSO Leads – Strategies to Support Self-Management in Chronic Conditions
- January 6, 2016: Meet your BPSO Leads – Assessment and Care of Adults at Risk for Suicidal Ideation and Behaviour
- December 2, 2015: Meet your BPSO Leads – Assessment and Management of Pain
- October 22, 2015: Meet your BPSO Leads – Developing and Sustaining Interprofessional Health Care
- September 23, 2015: Meet your BPSO Leads – Violence in the Workplace
- September 2015: Monsoon Journal September 2015 issue
- August 19, 2015: Meet your BPSO Leads – Breastfeeding
- July 21, 2015: Meet your BPSO Leads – Person-and Family-Centred Care
- May 2015: Monsoon Journal May 2015 issue
- May 13, 2015: Connect with the CEO
- April 7, 2015: Press release: The Scarborough Hospital Is Transforming And Ready For The Spotlight