Respect • Accountability • Courtesy & Professionalism • Respectful Communication • Inclusion
Teamwork • Recognition • Conflict Resolution • Confidentiality • Empathy
This code applies to all health care and service providers, students and volunteers at The Scarborough Hospital.
- We treat each other with respect as we provide health care services.
- We are accountable for our actions.
- We are polite, courteous and professional in our interactions.
- We speak clearly, listen actively, and use appropriate words, tone and body language.
- While we value the diversity of all, we speak English in the workplace to ensure everyone is included.
- We provide timely information and assistance to each other.
- We seek input into decisions and value differing opinions.
- We appreciate and acknowledge each person’s role, profession and contribution.
- We give constructive feedback and resolve conflicts respectfully.
- We respect the confidentiality of personal information.
- We apologize for our mistakes and learn from them.