Scarborough and Rouge Hospital (SRH) is home to the largest Regional Nephrology Program in North America with more than 6,000 patients receiving care. It is one of 26 Regional Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) programs in Ontario and one of three Regional CKD programs within the Central East Local Health Integration Network (Central East LHIN).
The program has 61 hemodialysis station main unit at SRH and three hemodialysis satellites to offer the most convenient option to our patients, while also providing quality care. Satellite sites are located at Yee Hong Centre for Geriatric Care, 78 Corporate Drive, and Bridgepoint.
Our program has one of the largest home dialysis programs and CKD Programs in the province. It has linkages with St. Michael’s Hospital for transplantation.
We are accepting referrals for PD access consultation and insertion.
Our PD services include:
- Weekly PD clinic with designated surgeon and PD Access Resource Nurse specializing in complex PD cases;
- Surgical assessment for PD catheter insertion (non-embedded), revision/repositioning and removal;
- Laparoscopic PD catheter insertion and revision with omentoplexy, adhesion lysis, hernia repair, and other advanced laparoscopic procedures;
- Designated operating room times for PD insertion with minimal waiting time;
- Designated Nurse Practitioner for assessment and triage of urgent cases;
- Comprehensive patient education material and recommended follow-up care if for patients of other Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) programs;
- Timely communication with referring health care providers and patients pertaining to plan of care.