The Adult Outpatient program also provides services to assist individuals who are currently experiencing substance use or gambling difficulties. The goal of this program is to help individuals understand how their addictions affect their lives and the lives of their loved ones, and learn coping techniques to manage these situations.
Addictions Program services include:
- Comprehensive assessment and referral service
- Individual counselling
- Community withdrawal management services
- Early stage recovery group
- Consultation to our inpatient unit and our emergency departments
- Problem gambling service
- Needle exchange/harm reduction
Rapid Access Addiction Medicine Clinic
The Rapid Access Addiction Medicine (RAAM) Clinic offers fast access to quality care on a walk-in basis for people living with alcohol, opioid, or other drug-related addictions. Services include medical treatment and same-day counselling services without a doctor’s referral. The clinic is staffed by SHN physicians, a dedicated RN, and specialized addiction counsellors.
What to expect:
• Assessment of substance use disorders and review of treatment options
• Medications for alcohol, opioid, and/or substance use disorders
• Overdose prevention education and take-home naloxone kits
• Referrals to community-based addiction support services as needed
• Management of alcohol and opioid withdrawal
RAAM Clinic at SHN
General hospital, 3050 Lawrence Ave. E.
Crockford Pavilion, Ground floor
Clinic hours: Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays from 9 to 11 a.m.
Tel: 416-431-8269 | Fax: 416-431-8291