The Assertive Community Treatment Team (ACTT) at SRH is comprised of mental health care professionals who provide patient-centered, highly individualized treatment, support and rehabilitation to individuals with severe and persistent mental illness. The ACTT is distinguished by its interprofessional team approach and for providing treatment in the community.
The ACTT team’s goals are to:
- Facilitate the community living and psychosocial rehabilitation of individuals experiencing mental illness
- Lessen or eliminate the debilitating symptoms of mental illness each individual client experiences and to minimize or prevent recurrent acute episodes of the illness
- Meet basic needs and enhance quality of life
- Improve functioning in adult social and employment roles and activities
- Increase community tenure
- Support families