Effective December 1, 2016:
- Scarborough and Rouge Hospital will assume custody of all records of personal health information previously under the custody of The Scarborough Hospital’s Birchmount and General sites and Rouge Valley Health System’s Centenary site and. This includes hard copy and paper records and all electronic records.
- All hard copy and paper records at the Birchmount, General, and Centenary sites will remain in their current locations and be maintained by Scarborough and Rouge Hospital.
- Access to all electronic records will remain in place and be provided to those staff and physicians of The Scarborough Hospital and Rouge Valley Health System and as required for the purposes of care or as permitted by law.
- Requests for copies or access to records of personal health information will continue to be directed to the Health Information Management departments at each respective site. To access your information, contact the Health Information Management department through our Release of Information (ROI) Specialists:
- Birchmount site – 416-495-2438, ext. 2532
- General site – 416-438-2911, ext. 6312
- Centenary site – 416-284-8131, ext. 5304
- Privacy concerns can be directed to the Privacy Office at 416-284-8131, ext. 4302