The fall 2014 issue of The Scarborough Hospital Foundation’s donor newsletter, The Faces of Health Care, is now available.
Published twice annually in the spring and fall, Faces shares the many wonderful stories of those who have received outstanding care at TSH and why they chose to give back, as well as updates on new and innovative programs and services at the hospital.
Stories in this issue include:
- The launch of the Foundation’s new “I Support My Scarborough Hospital” campaign, a fundraising initiative to revitalize various programs within the hospital;
- Information on the hospital’s first ever Chinese Radiothon, hosted by Fairchild Radio in June;
- Profiles of three very different donors and what inspires them to support The Scarborough Hospital;
- How TSH Co-Medical Director of Obstetrics Dr. Georgina Wilcock is challenging staff, physicians and volunteers to donate;
- The generous donation that helped to fund endoscopic ultrasounds at TSH – making the hospital the only clinical team in the Central East Local Health Integration Network, and one of the few in Ontario, to perform them;
- How Emergency Department (ED) physicians came together to fundraise to advance the use of Point-of-Care Ultrasounds in the EDs;
- The touching story of the “candyman” Harv Northern, who has been brightening the days of staff, patients and visitors alike as a volunteer at TSH for nearly 24 years.