Hospital reminiscing on 90 years of service, running contest for two $100 gift cards to Scarborough Town Centre
Do you remember when the corner of Lawrence Avenue and McCowan Road were nothing but dirt roads surrounded by farmland back in 1952? Or when the first sod was turned in an open field near Birchmount Road and Finch Avenue in 1982?
From the building of Scarborough General Hospital in 1956 and The Salvation Army Scarborough Grace Hospital in 1985, to the merger and creation of The Scarborough Hospital (TSH) in 1999, and beyond, the hospital is collecting memories from community members, patients and their families, donors, staff, physicians, retirees, volunteers, and students.
TSH is giving away two $100 gift cards to Scarborough Town Centre to celebrate its 90 years of service in Scarborough, and to thank the Scarborough community for their ongoing support. Anyone with a great memory of the hospital is invited to enter and share at www.tshhistory.ca until May 12, 2016. Full contest rules are available on the website.