The Scarborough Hospital (TSH) staff and physicians showed their appreciation of the hospital’s outstanding volunteers during National Volunteer Week by sharing their favourite volunteer moments.
“Jerry is a huge help to us every Friday morning, and has been on the unit for many years. He works very hard to keep us well stocked, tidy and the department running smoothly. We love you Jerry!”
– June, Same Day Surgery
Volunteers give selflessly of their time and talents to support TSH, and their efforts are reflected every day in our patients’ happiness, well-being and recovery. They are living examples of our core values – Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence – and their kindness, understanding and commitment enhance the quality of care we provide to our patients.
Together, with our staff and physicians, our volunteers are building a different world; one with a bright future for the hospital, our patients and the community. See what kind of difference TSH volunteers are making at the hospital in this video.
Over the past year, our volunteers have been successful in:
- 51,432 hours of volunteer service for 2013-2014 (welcomed 175 new volunteers)
- Helping to raise funds ($16,000) for the first – Score for your Floor venture
- A constant supply of baby outfits and bonnets for both gift shops and the Maternal Newborn and Child Care program
- Implementing Call Ahead for Volunteer Assistance (CAVA) program to assist patients with special needs to navigate the hospital
- #VolunteerCruze, which is part of innovative new Human Resources program to ignite the passion of volunteering in high school students, while introducing them to the career opportunities available in health care
- Continuing to “Hang Art, and Lift Hearts” through ongoing galleries in the Artists’ Walkway
- Continuing to recognize and preserve TSH’s rich heritage through the ongoing efforts of our Archive Committee